Hope House Children's Hospices training for health, social care and education professionals
Hope House Children's Hospices Multi-Disciplinary care team is able to offer bespoke training to professional staff on issues relating to palliative care and bereavement support. A range of areas are available for half or full day training sessions and can be lecture style or as interactive as required. Training will be planned and provided by the team including qualified and experienced nurses, counsellors and social workers.
Subject areas that are available:-
- The needs of children and young people with life limiting conditions
- Understanding Bereavement and Loss
- Working with Bereaved Children and Families
- The needs of Bereaved Parents
- Bereavement in School
- The needs of siblings of children with life limiting conditions
- Practical skills and activities with bereaved children
- Resilience and Bereavement
- Looking after ourselves in palliative care/ bereavement support
- Sudden and traumatic bereavement, including suicide and murder
Training may be provided at the hospice or at an alternative venue arranged by the agency commissioning the training.
For further information on what we can offer, or to discuss costings for bespoke training, please call the hospice on 01691 671999 and ask for Jon Mills, Social Work Team Manager or email to: email@example.com