VOLUNTEER WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT
At Hope House Children’s Hospices our Charity Shops play a vital role in helping to raise funds for the vital services we provide to more than 630 families each year. In order to keep our shops fully stocked, we need volunteers who share our passion to help out in our Warehouse in Wrexham. Tasks you may be asked to do include:
· sort and categorise donated stock, including items of furniture, and supplies such as stationary and wrapping materials.
· help to load and unload our vans
· help move stock by hand or using appropriate lifting gear
· arrange storage areas in the warehouse
· pick and prepare new goods, such as seasonal stock, for delivery to shops and online customers
· sorting books, recycling and listing for sale any with value on various outlets such as Amazon
· helping keep our eBay shop updated, evaluating items received from our shops to check if they are worth listing.
· project work, for example, evaluating and renovating shop fittings so we can get them back into use in our stores
· general tidying and housekeeping in the warehouse to help keep it in a presentable and safe state
How will you benefit?
· Gain valuable work experience
· Improve your personal statement and enhance university or job applications
· meet new people and make new friends
· keep active and use your time in a constructive and rewarding way
· join an enthusiastic and engaged team who care deeply about making a difference to the lives of seriously ill local children and their families
· HAVE FUN!!
Training will be given:
· Basic starter training will be given to cover health & safety, fire safety and lifting & back care
· On the job training will cover the tasks you will carry out, eg. using lifting gear
We are looking for volunteers who are:
· friendly and outgoing with a good sense of humour
· able to lift weights up to 20Kg for men and 15Kg for women
· have lots of common sense and are able to follow instructions
· Special interest in electronics, cameras or games consoles would be great
· at least 16 years old. There is no upper age limit as long as you are fit enough to do the tasks listed.
· How long and how often you are able to volunteer is up to you- but it helps us if we can agree a regular weekly slot
· You do not need to have previous warehouse experience
When can you do this role?
Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 5.00pm